The Changelog: v0.10.2
Woah, the past week has been a huge week. On Tuesday I announced that I would make working on Zed my day job which resulted in a lot of attention. The number of active users exploded, as did participation on Github and the Google Group. A couple of new people contributed code to the project too, which is fantastic. I couldn't be happier!
I'm also happy to see that many of you already made the effort to contribute to the sustainability of the project by donating weekly on Gittip. We haven't nearly reached financial sustainability of the project, but it's encouraging!
I just pushed Zed version 0.10.2 to the Chrome Store, which is a minor release in terms of features, but a big one in the amount of work that was done to work towards the promised standalone version. I suspect that this will be the last release before a version that will come in both a Chrome App and Standalone edition -- hopefully by the end of this week or early next week. Stay tuned!
Here's the changelog for 0.10.2:
- Refactoring of Zed core codebase to use Architect plug-ins, making it easier to create the Zed standalone (without Chrome dependency) version.
- New commands:
Help:Commands(bound to F1 by default) gives you a context-sensitive list of all available Zed commands in your current mode, documentation for each command (if available) and current keybinding (by robru)
Tools:Document Statisticsgives some useful stats about your current document (word count, line count, character count etc.) (by robru)
- Sandbox updates:
- Added sandbox commands to call goto and invoke arbitrary other commands (by robru)
- Added a "click" handler for the sandbox.
- Language modes:
- Separate SCSS mode (by wpapper)
- Scala mode (by netzwerg)
- Mode is now set for files without a file extension based on Unix shebang line, e.g. #!/bin/bash uses bash mode (by robru)
- Made configuration loading more robust, even if user.json contains JSON parse errors.
- Minor fixes of the whitespace trimmer (by robru)
- Indent on paste fixes (by TheKiteEatingTree)
- Some minor updates to the manual (particularly the config.md documentation)
Thanks to all who contributed!